Whether you enjoy cocktails or mocktails, fresh ingredients like mint, cucumber, citrus and berries muddled with juice and ice are one of life’s simple pleasures on a warm summer evening. With the help of a professional drink mixologist, we have hand selected 6 easy to make beverages to enjoy by your hot tub this summer. Learn how to make these delicious refreshments with or without booze below!
A simple easy-to-follow recipe for blueberry mojitos, which includes fresh mint, blueberries, and lime!
- 8 blueberries (fresh or frozen & thawed) plus a few for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves, plus a few for garnishing
- ¼ cup white rum (or substitute sparkling lemonade for virgin drinks)
- 2 tablespoons club soda
- 1 lime slice for the glass rim
Method: In a cocktail shaker, add lime juice, sugar, mint leaves and blueberries. Use a cocktail muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon to mash-up or muddle the mint into the sugar and lime juice. This releases the flavor-rich mint oil, nicely dissolves the sugar in the lime juice and crushes the blueberries to create an evenly blended beverage. Add rum or sparkling lemonade, stir well and pour over ice, leaving about 1” of space. Top with club soda and garnish with blueberries, mint leaves and a lime slice. Serves 1. Enjoy!
Cucumber Lemonade Chiller
A crisp and refreshing cucumber Lemonade Chiller summer cocktail recipe that includes fresh rosemary, cucumber and lemon juice!
- 3 cucumbers
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped rosemary, plus a few sprigs for garnishing
- 1 cup water
- ¾ gin (substitute sparkling
- lemon-lime soda for a virgin drink)
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
Method: Cut cucumber into 12 thin slices for garnish. Peel and chop remaining cucumber. In a food processor, add cucumber and fresh rosemary, puree mixture. Pour the pureed ingredients into a fine-mesh strainer and set over a medium size bowl. Press on the solids to extract all of the juice. Add water, gin (or sparkling soda), lemon juice, and agave syrup to the cucumber juice. Stir until agave is dissolved. Pour over ice, garnish with rosemary spring & cucumber and enjoy! Serves 4.
Fresh Mint Margaritas
Your classic margarita with a fresh, minty twist!
- ½ cup fresh chopped mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups crushed ice
- 1 ½ cups tequila (substitute lemon lime soda for virgin drinks)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 8 limes)
- 1 cup Triple Sec (omit for virgin drinks)
Method: In the bottom of a large pitcher, crush together ice, mint and salt with the handle of a wooden spoon or cocktail muddler. Add lime juice, tequila (or lemon lime soda) and Triple Sec. Stir vigorously. Pour over ice and garnish with fresh lemon and lime wedges. Serves 4-5. Enjoy!
A refreshingly tongue tingling cocktail recipe that includes fresh grapes, honey and lemon juice!
- 4 cups of seedless grapes, plus more for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups seltzer water
- 6 ounces vodka (substitute Sprite or Sierra Mist for virgin drinks)
Method: Puree grapes in a blender. Pour puree through a fine mesh strainer over a medium bowl and press solids to extract all the juice. Add lemon and honey to strained juice and stir until honey is dissolved. Add seltzer water and vodka (or lemon lime soda). Pour over ice and garnish with fresh whole grapes. Serves 4. Enjoy!
Tomato-Jalapeno Bloody Mary
Your favorite Bloody Mary recipe with a flare of jalapeno flavor!
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and stemmed
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces vodka (substitute V8 juice for virgin drinks)
- 4 caper berries or large green olives for garnishing
- 2 pickled dilly beans for garnish
Method: Puree tomatoes in a blender with lemon juice, jalapenos, horseradish, Worcestershire, sugar, celery salt and pepper. Scrape the sides of blender as necessary. Stir in vodka (or V8 juice). Refrigerate until chilled (about 2 hours). Pour over ice. Garnish with dilly beans, olives or caper berries and enjoy! Serves 4.
A flavorful summer spin on your classic martini!
- 3 ounces of Kettle One Citroen (substitute citrus or melon sparkling soda for virgin drinks)
- 1 ounce Watermelon Pucker (omit for virgin drinks)
- ½ ounce Cointreau or Triple Sec (omit for virgin drinks)
- 1 splash lemonade
- 1 splash 7-Up
- 1 Watermelon slice for garnish
Method: Mix Kettle One Citroen (or sparkling soda), Watermelon Pucker, Cointreau or Triple Sec, lemonade and 7-Up together, pour over ice. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a slice of fresh watermelon. Enjoy! Optional: Add watermelon slices directly into drink and garnish rim with fresh lime for a fabulous citrus flavor.
Cocktails in the Hot Tub
Sipping a cold drink while hot tubbing is undeniably fabulous, but I have a few tips that can increase enjoyment and save you from some common mishaps:
- Always use plastic glasses when drinking around a hot tub or pool.
- Since hot water can accelerate dehydration, limit alcohol consumption while in the spa. Try one of our delicious virgin drink recipes above!
- Fresh fruit and finger food snacks go great with each one of these drinks. Load up a plate with your favorite fruits and cheeses to take with you!
What are your favorite summertime beverages? Comment below with your drink suggestion or recipe!